Posted by Lazerbeak on April 09, 2013
UPDATE (Friday, 12:00pm): Both album release shows are officially SOLD OUT!!!! Two sold out shows within 24 hours of the public announce. Thank you so much for the support.
UPDATE (Thursday, 12:00pm): Tickets for Dessa’s two album release shows are now officially on sale to the public. Both shows are selling fast though, so make sure to grab your tickets HERE (Fitzgerald Theater, 6/22) and HERE (First Avenue, 6/29) before they’re gone. Then check out an in depth Q&A Dessa just did with Bullett (HERE), and tune into MPR tomorrow at noon (central time) for her roundtable discussion with Kerri Miller (91.1 for the locals, streaming HERE for everyone else).
UPDATE (Wednesday, 9:05am): Dessa just announced the details to her TWO album release shows for Parts of Speech on air at The Current!
That’s right, two shows. On June 22nd she will be playing the Fitzgerald Theater with her full band (plus some very special fancy guests). Anyone who’s seen a Dessa theatre show over the last couple years knows these types of events are all out and completely one of a kind. The brand new Parts of Speech material is gonna be insane in this setting. Then the following Saturday, June 29th, Dessa takes it back to the First Avenue Mainroom for a bit of a rowdier (and boozier) evening. Expect the full band, plus a ton of special guests (several from the top of this website). This night will definitely put the “PARTY!!!!” in “CD Release Party.”
Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow, so make sure to stop back here for even more sweet deeets and ticket info. You can also tune in to MPR (HERE) on Friday to catch Dessa’s roundtable discussion with Kerri Miller (91.1 FM for the locals). Now check below in case you totally missed yesterday’s huge Parts of Speech album announce and deluxe pre-order launch. SO MUCH NEWS!
Oh man, the day is finally upon us! It gives me the greatest joy to announce that on June 25th Dessa will be releasing Parts Of Speech, the long awaited full-length follow up to A Badly Broken Code and Castor, The Twin. That’s the truly sweet album cover below (sorry for the tease yesterday).
So beyond excited that this info can finally be out in the world! It’s been a long time coming, frreal. With every new album announcement should come news of a new album single, and the good people over at Billboard have been kind enough to host the world premiere of “Warsaw,” the third track off of Parts Of Speech. You can read what they have to say about it right HERE, and click the Soundcloud player below to be one of the first to check out the brand new track. If you’re really feeling it you can also download it from iTunes (HERE) or Bandcamp (HERE), OR just keep reading a little bit further to get it for free. Shouts to Paper Tiger on the beat! I love this song.
Alright, now that you’ve gotten a glimpse of what is to come, it’s probably about time we roll out the very special Parts of Speech pre-order announcement — one of our most elaborate to date. Starting right now you can pre-order the album from the Doomtree Webstore in both CD and vinyl, as well as in standard and deluxe editions! Check out all the glorious details below:
Both standard and deluxe pre-order packages will include:
– Your choice of CD or vinyl, signed by Dessa
– Access to a private Ustream chat and performance with Dessa and special guests on Wednesday, June 19th.
– Instant free download of “Warsaw,” the first single from Parts of Speech
– Free download of “Icing Burns,” an unreleased B-side not available on the album. This track will be emailed to you in the week leading up to the release date.
The mega deluxe pre-order package will also include:
– Special edition deluxe versions of the physical album. The deluxe CD pre-order will contain more elaborate, limited-edition packaging (different from the standard retail version). The deluxe LP pre-order will come in red vinyl (different from the standard black retail version). We’ve pressed only 500 red albums; when they’re done, they’re done.
– Limited-edition Parts of Speech screen printed t-shirt. This specially designed shirt is being manufactured exclusively for the pre-order and will not be made available ever again. Please make sure to specify shirt size when ordering.
– Limited-edition copy of Are You Handsome?, the second installment in Dessa’s miniature book series (continuing the tradition started by “Sleeping With Nikki” from the Castor, The Twin pre-order). This one is a cleverly formatted dialogue, told one line per page. The spine is just over 2 cm high, 50 pages in all. Tiniest books in the game.
Totally insane. Here’s a more detailed glimpse at the awesome shirt that MK Larada designed specifically for this pre-order (created completely out of typographical elements). These will not be made available anywhere else.
So sweet. Plus all pre-orders will be shipped almost an entire week before release date! Truly incredible. Holler at the Doomtree Webstore right HERE for all the extra details and purchase info. DOOOOOO IT.
OK, that’s probably enough stimulating new album info for one post. I’ll leave you with one brand new Bonus Jam in case you completely skipped passed the above Soundcloud player in all of the excitement. Here’s “Warsaw” one more time for good measure.
As always, thanks a million for the continued and absolutely tremendous support. I live for big announce days like this, and we certainly could not do it without you. Stick and stay all week as even more exciting news gets rolled out in the coming days.
In closing, here’s a couple Parts of Speech themed Penny Pics (to tide over all the relatives). Just picked up the test pressings yesterday, and it looks like we’ve already got her co-sign. BAM!