HOLY MOLY HAVE WE GOT SOME MAAAAAJOR NEWS FOR YOU! Dessa has just announced the details behind her brand new full-length album, Bury the Lede, out September 29th on Doomtree Records. That’s the striking album artwork below, designed by Andy McAlpine with photography from Sam Gehrke.
Bury the Lede was created over the past several years with close collaborators Lazerbeak and Andy Thompson, and Dessa has just released not one but TWO lead singles today for your listening pleasure. Watch the incredible music video for “Hurricane Party” below, directed once again by the incomparable Aleutian Calabay.
Dessa – “Hurricane Party” (Produced by Lazerbeak and Andy Thompson)
And if that wasn’t enough here’s “Chopper,” the second sneak peak from Bury the Lede. Big shouts to KEXP for the radio premiere of “Chopper” and The Current for the radio premiere of “Hurricane Party.”
Dessa – “Chopper” (Produced by Lazerbeak and Andy Thompson)
You know it wouldn’t be a new Dessa album without some absolutely bonkers preorder packages, and have we got a doozy for you this time around. Let’s start with the Standard Pre-Order and work our way up.
The Bury the Lede Standard Preorder includes…
– Vinyl LP or Digipak CD with foldout poster and full album lyrics
– Instant digital download of lead singles “Hurricane Party” and “Chopper”
– Bury The Lede red markup pen (suggested first use: flagging the typos we inevitably missed in the lyric sheet)
Entry into a drawing to win 1 of 3 Golden Ticket packages including:
– An autographed test pressing of Bury The Lede, a page of original handwritten lyrics from Dessa’s notebook, and 2 free VIP tickets to any show on the Bury The Lede tour along with a backstage tour and a $100 bar tab.
The Bury the Lede Deluxe Preorder includes everything in the Standard Preorder, buts up the ante significantly with the following…
– Limited-edition Bury the Lede screenprinted t-shirt (please select size from dropdown menu)
– Dessa devotional candle (please use associated powers responsibly)
– Magnetic poetry (created from some of Bury The Lede‘s hottest bars)
The Bury the Lede Collectors Preorder includes everything in the Deluxe Preorder, but blows things completely out of the water with the following items. It is limited to 300 total packages and once they’re gone, they’re gone for good.
– Red opaque vinyl LP (limited to 300 total) and digipak CD, both SIGNED by Dessa
– The “Chopper” Custom Dopp Kit: a toiletry bag in black oiled tanned leather (sourced from Red Wing, MN) with DESSA debossed in gold foil. Kit is filled with a mini Visine, an autographed two dollar bill for cab fare, Odele dry shampoo and a mini tin of breath mints, in a reusable tin printed with THIS GAME IS BETTER TWO-PLAYER. Brass zipper pull. Mint stitching matches the album cover. Created by hand by Charles Aaron Fine Goods in Oregon.
– 12″x12″ screenprinted poster with a handwritten lyric by Dessa, featuring a portrait by Sam Gehrke
You can purchase any and all of these outrageous preorder bundles at the Doomtree Webstore right HERE. We just can’t thank you enough for the support. Happy Dessa Day!