Bad news: our Vikes got trounced by the Bears on national television. Most glorious news ever: we are officially announcing the most incredible pre-order package in all of creation for the new Sims album Bad Time Zoo (produced entirely by yours truly)!!! The record drops on February 15th, but we’re going live with the pre-order starting right now. And for the first time ever we have two insanely monumental pre-order options for you to choose from. Let’s start at the pre-bawse level and work our way up.
You’ll receive the following:
– signed CD by Sims and Lazerbeak
– signed poster by Sims and Lazerbeak
– Bad Time Zoo box-cutter (a real deal blade!) that you can use to cut out the origami-style images from the CD artwork and create your own zoo with
– download card with two exclusive unreleased songs
– password to a live, streaming webcast with Sims and many special guests
– chance to win one of three incredibly awesome spray painted animal masks worn in the Burn It Down music video (premiering shortly)
And now for the bawsest of all pre-orders…….
You’ll get everything in the standard pre-order package, PLUS:
– An exclusive, ridiculously sweet Bad Time Zoo t-shirt (limited only to this deluxe pre-order, be sure to pick your size before adding to the cart)
– An exclusive, ridiculously sweet Bad Time Zoo silk screened box to keep all of your ridiculously sweet Bad Time Zoo swag (limited only to this deluxe pre-order)
Unreal. I can’t tell you how extremely proud I am of this project. Sims and I have spent the last three years of our lives meticulously molding this thing into the most hard hitting, mind altering, lava bangingest album we could possibly create. I can personally say that it is easily the best collection of beats I have ever put together, and Sims has absolutely outdone himself with the rhymes times a million. My dude is really spitting that champ on this one (so much that I catch myself slipping up on the MPC when we play these songs live because I’m trying to rap along to every word). Bad Time Zoo means so much to the both of us, and it truly brings me the greatest joy in the world to finally present the finished product to you. Below is a stream of the album’s first single, “Burn It Down”, so that you may get a better idea of what kind of earth shattering tunnel bangers you’re dealing with. Straight heaters big duns. Don’t really know how else to put it.
Apologies for the extremely self promotional posting today. As always (and as a disclaimer of sorts), the pre-order allows a tiny underdog label like Doomtree to continue to put out records on a steady basis without falling into mounds of debt. The money generated from this pre-order will help fund the initial upfront expenses for the next full length that Doomtree puts out in the near future, and so on and so forth. Thank you so much for the continued support and amazing dedication. 2010 has been a year that I will never forget, and 2011 is already looking like it’s going to be an absolute monster. I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing holidays with your closest family and friends (and maybe a few brandy ciders). I’ll see you next Tuesday with a very special year in review blog posting live from Hawaii. Much love!!!