We Don’t Even Live Here, out October 22nd via Rhymesayers Entertainment, is the fourth solo album from Doomtree co-founder, punk philosopher and lyrical bomb-thrower Stefon Alexander, aka P.O.S. It’s a tight, bombastic record that builds on the Minneapolis-bred rapper and producer’s penchant for grinding beats and radical lyrics. But at the same time, WDELH marks a change — in sound and in attitude.
Known for welding hip-hop with guitar squalls and screamed vocals, on WDELH P.O.S. steps away from his noisy past in favor of futuristic beats fit for a Berlin nightclub. Though his hip-hop foundation is firm on tracks like the fiery “Fuck Your Stuff” and the funky “Wanted/Wasted,” the album brings banging new sounds from dance-oriented collaborators like German DJs Boyz Noise & Housemeister, Gayngs’ Ryan Olson, and Innerpartysystem’s Patric Russel
Also along for the ride are Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon (who lends his shapeshifting vocals to the heartfelt bear-hug of an anthem “Where We Land”) and P.O.S.’ trusted Doomtree co-conspirators Lazerbeak, Cecil Otter, Mike Mictlan, and Sims. Bringing it all into focus is all-star producer and mix engineer Andrew Dawson (P.O.S’s former high school classmate), who has worked on platinum releases from the likes of Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne and Fun.
1. Bumper [listen // watch // iTunes // Amazon] 2. Fuck Your Stuff [listen // watch // iTunes // Amazon] 3. How We Land feat. Justin Vernon of Bon Iver
4. Wanted/Wasted feat. Astronautalis
5. They Can’t Come feat. Sims
6. Lock-picks, Knives, Bricks and Bats
7. Fire In The Hole/Arrow To The Action
8. Get Down feat. Mike Mictlan
9. All Of It
10. Weird Friends (We Don’t Even Live Here)
11. Piano Hits feat. Isaac Gale of Marijuana Deathsquads